With the heightened concerns of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), New Legacy would like to share some important information with our students, families, and friends. We will be following all state guidelines regarding the virus. We strongly urge the students, families, and friends of New Legacy to take these essential health precautions:
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children at home when they are sick. (New Legacy will work with students and families to support you with your health and your academics – so please communicate with us.)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Finally, here are a few helpful links:
- CDC Guidelines: Federal guidelines about symptoms, prevention, and what to do if you think you are sick.
- CO State Health Department for information about state policy changes, testing locations, and other state updates.
- Symptoms of Coronavirus This is the federal guidelines for the illness- it is different from the common cold or seasonal flu.
- Prevent Getting Sick website
Together we can help prevent the spread of this illness to those in our community most at risk. Feel free to contact the school if you have questions or concerns.