New Legacy is the only high school focused on serving teen parents and their children on the east side of the Denver metro area, and it is the only one anywhere in the metro area serving teen fathers. New Legacy is unique among charter schools in that it employs a two-generational (2Gen) approach to education, providing support to both parenting teenagers and their young children.
Join our school
Why Attend New Legacy?
A high school designed for YOU
A New Legacy education will help you take control of your future. You will get personalized academic, social, and emotional support as you work toward your dreams. Whether you hope to attend college, learn a trade, or forge your own path, we are here to help you develop the skills you will need to get there. To allow for a personalized learning experience, New Legacy has a flexible structure, opportunities for credit recovery, and a school free of the traditional grade levels. With parenting education woven into the curriculum, you will also learn how to be the best parent you can be. This community of mentors and peers is excited to have you join us!
An Early Learning Center designed for YOUR CHILD
Our onsite Early Learning Center (ELC) is available to all children ages 6 weeks to 5 years. By participating in the ELC, your child will receive a high-quality education in a stimulating environment. Our ELC is among the top 13% highest-rated early childhood centers in the state of Colorado.
New Legacy is family-centered, with an early release on Wednesdays to give you time for appointments. Your high school curriculum also includes parenting classes, where you’ll learn about child development and have ample opportunity to nurture your relationship with your child.
New Legacy does not discriminate against applicants, students, or their families in its enrollment practices or in any of its activities or operations on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, political affiliation, creed, color, ancestry, need for special education services, or any other protected status.
High School Eligibility:
New Legacy serves male and female students ages 14 (and 9th grade eligible) to 21 who want to earn a high school diploma that prepares them for further education or career opportunities and successful parenting. New Legacy is open to all students but is designed for pregnant and parenting teens, both male and female.
Early Learning Center Eligibility:
Our ELC serves families with children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old, with a priority of serving the children of the parenting teens attending New Legacy’s high school.
If you have any questions about enrollment please call 303-340-7880 or email nlcsenrollment@
Current Year Enrollment
New students must provide the following documents prior to completion of enrollment:
- Photo I.D. of Parent/Legal Guardian
- Documentation of Student’s Date of Birth (e.g. birth certificate, passport)
- Proof of Address (e.g. utility bill)
- Immunization Records
- Previous School Information Including Transcripts, IEP/504 information, and Behavioral Records
- ELC: Child’s Immunization Records
- ELC: Well Child Check/Physical
- ELC: Child’s Birth Certificate
- On open enrollment day, all returning ELC students must bring records of immunizations and well-child check or physical
Intent to Enroll Form
2022/2023 Intent to Enroll (English/Spanish)
2023/2024 Intent to Enroll (English/Spanish)
You may fax your transcript request to 720-367-5464 or send it via email to email@example.com.
Family Engagement Policy
The administration, staff, and parents/guardians of NLCS believe that the improved academic achievement of each student is a responsibility shared by the entire school community, including the school, community members, school administration, staff, students, and parents/guardians (as defined for purposes of this policy to all members of a student’s family involved in the student’s education). Parent/guardian involvement activities in the school will include opportunities for:
- Parents/guardians to volunteer and be involved in school activities: The school has volunteer coordinators who are available to coordinate ways for parents to be involved in the school. They are typically at the school on Tuesday and Thursday mornings or available to meet at other times upon request.
- Staff development and parent education: There are opportunities throughout the year for parents to learn how they can best support their student’s education.
- Parents to provide home support for their student’s education: NLCS looks to parents/guardians to ensure that students have a way to get to school every day and to support their ability to do homework at home.
- Parents to participate in school decision-making: Any parent/guardian is welcome and encouraged to participate on the school’s Accountability Committee, which means bi-monthly on the third Thursday of the month.
- Effective communication between the school and parents: NLCS sends home communications with students and by mail at the end of each quarter. Updates are also posted on the school’s Facebook page and website. In addition, NLCS does phone blasts with critical information and parents are always welcome and encouraged to communicate with school staff members by email, phone, or in person.
Testing Dates: Assessment Calendar
Universal Preschool is here! Click here to read about eligibility and sign up.
What Students are Saying
“New Legacy provides a small environment, where I have been able to get one-on-one help from my teachers, and where all of the staff know exactly who I am.”
“With the many opportunities and experiences that New Legacy had to offer I knew that I would no longer be a statistic, I knew that I would no longer just be the next generation in my family that lives paycheck to paycheck, and I definitely knew that I wouldn’t be stuck working a minimum wage job. Yes, I am a Latina teen mom. But I am proud to say that I broke a cycle. A cycle that my child will only hear of, but she won’t ever have to live.”
New Legacy Charter School has not only impacted young parents in a positive way, but they also gave us another chance at life. They believed in us when others told us our lives were over. They have left a mark on every child that has stepped foot here.”